Monday, 10 January 2011

Day 35

During today's 'photo hunt' I had a mission: I wanted to grab some shots of the lichen on the fence, which I spotted yesterday when I was taking Day 34's photo.

In my mind's eye I had a super-detailed close-up of the lichen, looking like a miniature forest or tiny coral reef, but my lens wouldn't let me do that, so I had to rethink my approach. The result is okay, but I still wish I'd been able to capture the shot I had in my imagination!

See that area of fuzziness on the top left of the front face of the fence post? That shouldn't be there, so I've just checked my lens, and there's a circular mark on the back piece of glass (the part where it joins the camera body.) It looks like it's on the inside rather than on the outside, which is a bit worrying. I'll have a go at cleaning the lens tomorrow, in the daylight. I hope the mark's on the outside, and I can get it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment