Friday, 2 September 2011

Day 256


I've decided I'm going to take things easy with this blog. I'm not going to commit to making a post every day at the moment. Instead, I'm going to make a post when I feel inspired to, and only count those days towards my 365 total. I'm sure that gradually I'll begin to post more often, and who knows - after a few months I may be back to making a daily post.

I've had a really tough week this week. I had to meet up with Iain in town on Monday to go to the bank and sort out our finances, and I found it very upsetting to see him again. He seemed cool, calm, collected, and genuinely pleased to see me. Somehow, that made it much, much worse. Wednesday was the most difficult day so far. It would have been our 20th wedding anniversary. 

Plan C (keeping joint ownership of the house and selling it together) wasn't working for me. I told Iain this, and explained that if he wasn't prepared to buy me out (Plan B), then we'd need to either go back to Plan A (I get the house) or else we'd have to get the lawyers involved. 

Iain agreed to go back to Plan A, so I'm currently in the process of getting the mortgage and the deeds transferred into my name. This means I've got an awful lot of work ahead of me, and I will have to put my new life on hold until I can sell the house, which, given the current state of the housing market, could be a very long time. But on the plus side, it means I can break off communications with Iain, and begin to heal emotionally. And, of course, in the end I'll be better off financially, even taking into account the considerable expenses I'm taking on, which include making the mortgage payments, and paying thousands of dollars for the landscaping and fencing that needs to be done before I can get the house 'signed off' with the council.

I spotted this unusual cloud formation yesterday evening around sunset, and I just had to go outside and snap it with my camera.


3 comments:

  1. Clouds with silver linings ... kind of appropriate, huh? Beautiful shot, Helen. I'm glad you're feeling able to take the occasional photo and post it ... they will get more frequent, I'm sure. Keeping some semblance of "routine" is good at times like this, as long as you don't feel pressurised by them. As usual, it sounds like your getting it about right! Hugs,
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot. Wishing you luck with all you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photograph this is Helen. I am sorry you had a tough week last week, but I am glad you are moving forward and doing what needs to be done. I admire your strength and candor my friend.
    Sending you hugs.
    xo

    ReplyDelete