Thursday, 22 September 2011

Day 258

I've not posted for a while because I've been feeling really low. I don't feel like doing anything right now, and that includes getting the camera out. However, when I spotted this rainbow the other day I couldn't pass up the chance to take some photos.

This image is a composite of nine shots. It's my favourite photo so far of my little house. I also like the fact that Pookie's in it. I'm going to miss them both.


Iain signed the division of property agreement last week, so the house is now officially mine, which is both a blessing and a burden. I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. I can't wait to get back to the UK and move on with my life, but I can't do anything until the house sells, and that, of course, is something that's entirely out of my hands. I've had eight groups of people come to view the house, but no potential buyers yet.

6 comments:

  1. Joe from Santa Clarita, CA22 September 2011 at 5:47 pm

    I have seen many many 365 photos and this is my favorite and yours is in a class by itself. Your house being in the light and my first thought was the expression "the light at the end of the tunnel." The rainbow was so perfect you almost think photoshop and your shadow in the picture is symbolic of looking at the past and the bright light tells me you'll have happier days in the future.

    I was reading a comment by a well regarded photographer who made a reference to certain photos being taken in troubled and difficult time in his life. They were rather dark and sad but he took them anyways the way a blues guitarist plays sad blues songs because they reflect a sad time in his life. What I am saying is that it is OK to take photos when you have the blues. As an artist you are recording your feelings, wether they be happy or sad.

    Best wishes.... Joe from Santa Clarita, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support and encouragement, Joe. The symbolism of the image is something that struck me forcefully while I was taking the shot, which is why I wanted to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Helen ... so many layers of symbolism to this. I can see why it moved you so strongly!

    It's an amazing shot, though ... perhaps you should use this for trying to sell the house? How could anyone resist?

    Still thinking of you daily,
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is absolutely gorgeous.
    Keep your eye on the rainbow dear friend, and know that I am thinking of you.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning image. Great work!! Wishing you a fast sell on your house and hoping your days get easier.

    ReplyDelete