Saturday, 10 December 2011

Day 330

This is a terrible shot, I know, but there's something about it I like. I think it's because the out of focus lights remind me of headlights in the dark. As a child I loved travelling at night. I associated it with exciting events like visiting our relatives in Wales. I used to love looking out of the car window and seeing city lights spread out below. I called it 'fairyland'. I'd stay awake for as long as I could, but I'd always fall asleep long before we got home.


3 comments:

  1. I actually think this is a pretty cool shot Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe from Santa Clarita, CA USA11 December 2011 at 8:24 am

    Please never start out with saying "this is a terrible shot." It may not be what you are looking for when you took the shot but it is a great shot with the back story. Next to the photo itself the title is the most important element.

    My vacation memories involved a car too. We drove From Los Angeles, CA to Minnesota, and it was either at Christmas or Summer heat ( no air conditioning). We had a station wagon and I got to sit in the back and face the cars following us. And yes these lights reminds me of those times. But it was just two lights following us.

    There is another blog I follow that is a 52 week project and he puts up 7 photos and a few are amazing and most are "what was he thinking." Because he puts them up I go with he must think they are good and I stare and stare at them. I then see what he saw (for a few of them anyways.)

    Wouter Brandsma, if you want to see his work.

    http://wouter28mm.wordpress.com/

    week 45 the girl and the donkey is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the link, Joe. I think Wouter's photos are great! I agree with you about the one with the girl and the donkey. I also love the stubble shot in Week 48, the figure in the street in Week 47 and the frosty cobweb in Week 40. I shall be following his blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete