Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Day 99

I spent today putting the finishing touches to the house in readiness for the final building inspection tomorrow. While I was putting sealant on the tiles above the bathroom sink, I got the idea of taking a self-portrait using the bathroom mirror. I've never taken a self-portrait using a mirror before, and I guess it's a rite of passage most photographers go through at some point.

I did consider changing out of my smeggy old decorating clothes, doing something to my hair and putting some make-up on, but in the end I decided that it would be more honest to capture myself just as I was, paint splats and all.

3 comments:

  1. I like this. I think if you'd stopped to do hair and make up etc. you'd have lost the freshness and spontaneity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look gorgeous as is. Glad you didn't prepare and just snapped away.

    ReplyDelete