Saturday, 2 July 2011

Day 207

Since arriving in New Zealand six years ago we've had to get used to doing without many of our favourite packaged foods, such as Walkers crisps, Twiglets and Jaffa cakes. Actually, looking at that little lot, and totting up the amount of salt, fat and sugar in them, it's probably been good for us to do without them!

Anyway, you can imagine how delighted I was yesterday when I found out that our local supermarket now stocks chocolate Hobnobs, which are my favourite biccies of all time. I lived in Germany for a year in the 80s while I was studying for my degree, and I missed Hobnobs terribly, so my future mother in law used to send me a packet in the post every couple of weeks. It was one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me.

To celebrate finding Hobnobs again I decided, in true British fashion, to have a nice sit down and a cup of tea (and I also took some photos, of course, which meant that the tea got cold!) This is another shot taken with my 50 mm lens. If you look carefully on the right-hand side of the plate you can just see the reflection of my reflector, being held by my glamorous assistant, Iain. :-)




P.S. Please take my Hobnob poll at the top of the sidebar. :-D

1 comment:

  1. I've never had these Helen, but I do see chocolate here, so they just gotta be good!! :-)
    Great photographs, and glad you were able to get some of these! :-)

    ReplyDelete