Friday, 25 November 2011

Day 315

I bought a punnet of strawberries at the supermarket today because a) I love strawberries, b) they're in season here and c) I had an idea for a photo shoot. My idea was to use a strawberry to represent a heart, but I didn't think to look at the shape of the strawberries in the punnet. They were all long and thin; shaped more like radishes than strawberries!

My favourite photo gear at the moment is white printer paper. Lots of pieces overlapped make a great background for indoor shots, and it's easy to erase the joins in Photoshop.

Is this hand protecting the strawberry, or about to crush it?


Experimenting with making something delicious look disgusting:



I was hoping the fork poised over the strawberry like this would look threatening, but it doesn't look threatening at all. I think that's because you expect to see the two together, and a fork is associated with eating rather than with violence. Thinking about it now, I should have got the hammer out of the shed and held it over the strawberry. I've still got some strawberries left. I'll try out the hammer idea tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. Great photos.The hand to me looks protective and I agree about the fork.It makes me want to rush out and buy strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Helen.
    I especially love the first one.
    Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete