Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Day 292

Today was spinning and weaving, so I got to take another photo walk around one of my neighbours' gardens.

I managed to get one decent shot, of an insect drinking nectar. I'm not sure which version of the shot I prefer. Do you have a preference?



Yours truly, snapped by Gloria, looking every inch the intrepid photographer. ;-)


Here are the fig and ginger truffles I made to take with me. They're delicious and they disappeared very rapidly.


Here's the recipe, which I got from my friend Melissa Pasanen. She got the recipe from Jess Bongard, who adapted it from Ellie Krieger's book, "So Easy."

Fig & ginger truffles (Makes 12 to 16 truffles -- I got 14 out of it)
Ingredients 
8 ounces dried figs, stems removed
2 ounces crystallised ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2.5 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate chips (I found the chocolate ran out two thirds of the way through, and I had to melt some more. I probably used about 4 ounces in total.) 
Method 
1. Put all the ingredients apart from the chocolate in a food processor. Process until finely chopped and beginning to clump.
2. Meanwhile, put the chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water, and stir until just melted. Turn out the heat but leave the chocolate pan over the hot water.
3. With damp hands, roll fig mixture into small balls.
4. Using a fork, roll the balls in the chocolate until covered, and then put on greaseproof paper.
5. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
6. Store in the fridge, but serve at room temperature. 





4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful photos! And thanks for sharing the recipe - that looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosie. The truffles *are* extremely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love macro insect shots, and I think I prefer the one on the top here. Great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful photograph of you!!
    It looks playful and happy!
    I am going to go with the second image of the flower and bee. I like the darker shades.
    Thank you so much for sharing this yummy looking recipe here. I think these would be perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete