Thursday, 10 November 2011

Day 300

I really wanted to get an interesting and unusual shot for day 300, but it didn't look as though that was going to happen. I've got a writing deadline tomorrow, which means I need to get lots of work done today, particularly after being ill for a couple of days. I knew I wouldn't have time to take off on a photo walk. The neighbours have taken their cattle off the land, and even Harry and Nemo have gone (shipped off down south; don't worry, they're both fine!) This means I'm left with just grass, weeds and a cat as potential subjects. So it was with a heavy heart that I carried the Canon down to the mailbox today. On the way back I took a bit of a detour across the lower paddock, and I spotted the sun coming out from behind the clouds, reflected in the algae-festooned water of the drinking trough.


I'm a huge space nerd, and this photo reminds me of an image from the Hubble space telescope, so I'm really pleased with it. I always used to think that the best shots always came when you went out with a particular idea in mind, but now I'm not so sure. Sometimes, just sometimes, good shots can arise when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing, but you're open to spotting and taking opportunities when they come along. So I guess photography's a bit like life, really!


1 comment:

  1. This is over-the-top cool Helen!!
    I love it!!
    Wow, Day 300!! You are coming close to the end of your 365.
    Sure hope you will still be posting your wonderful photographs here after it is over.
    I hope you are feeling all better too!

    ReplyDelete