Friday, 4 November 2011

Day 294

We had some crazy weather today. Bright and sunny one minute, lashing with rain the next, and a wind that kept dying down and then building up again. I took the Canon with me when Pookie and I went on our daily walk down to the mailbox, and I took some shots of grass flowers on the verge, against the background of the stormy sky. It was so windy I had to shoot with a very fast shutter speed in order to freeze the movement of the grass and get a crisp shot. I got an effect I liked when I inverted the image (i.e. made it into a negative).


If the weather is favourable this weekend, I'm planning on going on a photo walk. I quite fancy taking some beach shots -- the nearest beach is only a twenty-minute drive away.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Helen!!
    Such beautiful tones and simplicity.
    I look forward to your beach shots.
    How lucky you are to have the beach so close to you!

    ReplyDelete